Sunday, December 25, 2011

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Christmas Glow


I've had a few rough Decembers, here in Vermont. But this season has come with many blessings. We have been able to buy extra groceries, give to those in need, and pay all of our bills. We have much to be thankful for.

This morning, I am baking apple pies. We are having baked ziti for an early dinner. All my children will be home. I can't wait to see them.

Mr. White and Nicole (22) will head to the home of an elderly neighbor and bring him treats and presents. They will be home in time for dinner.

I love that most of the stores are closed and that everyone has the day off from work. There is no focus today on spending money, but on bringing happiness and good cheer to others.

Yet there are many who are sad and alone today. I found Frank Sinatra's song, "I'll Be Home For Christmas" which is so sweet. But he ends the song with, "if only in my dreams." Something that cheers me up is thinking about childhood Christmas memories, or some special year when my own children were young.  Do you have  memories you'd like to share? I'd love to hear about it!

Blessings
Mrs. White





We need Mothers with Christmas Courage.





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment