Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Elvis Presley and Gospel Music

Elvis Pink Caddy



Years ago, I saw a documentary on the life of Elvis Presley. He came from a poor, hard-working family. Elvis used to sing in church and was dearly beloved by his godly mother.

He lived a fast life, had a beautiful home and was admired by many people. He is still an American icon. But what I remember most about him (and yes I was around when he was alive), was his gospel music.

From what I understand he would stay up all hours of the night, and sing the old gospel songs, with several other singers.

His Mother loved The Blackwood Brothers, and I love them too! Such beautiful, heart touching music!

I have a CD Set of Elvis singing gospel music and I love to listen to it while working around the house.

I want to share a song of the Blackwood Brothers singing "Where No One Stands Alone." There is just something special about going back in history and hearing the old ways, the old songs and the nostalgia of seeking to live a godly  life.




P.S. I have to ask. . . Do you see Graceland in the photograph above? And that pink Cadillac? Does his house look anything like mine? (smiles) And I realize that Mr. White has a purple Cadillac, but the pink one above is just as lovely. 


Blessings
Mrs. White

Life as An Older Housewife.

Do we make our children do our work? - A Cheerful and Willing Housekeeper.

Keeping Track of - The History of our Financial Lives.

Joining with:
How Sweet the Sound






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment