Thursday, December 1, 2011

Breakfast at Home

The King Brothers; Maurice, Franklin and Hymie Eating Breakfast with their Mother





When our five children got older, they were less likely to enjoy a nice breakfast at home. They were often in a rush to head out the door, or just wanted to sleep late!

Last week, I was watching an old movie, Love Finds Andy Hardy, (from 1938) starring Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. "Andy" lived in a lovely house in a charming neighborhood. His Father was a judge. His mother was at home. She cooked all the meals and was a delightful, practical homemaker. What intrigued me the most was how the family sat down for breakfast, together, each morning.

The table was set with a sugar bowl and creamer. There were lovely plates, silverware, napkins and coffee cups.  The family sat down and enjoyed a nice breakfast together before heading off to work, school, or to start the day at home.

We live in such a rush - rush society today, that I wonder how many families still set a formal table for breakfast?

This morning, I think I will do this. I better hustle and get to work! The family will be awake soon.

Perhaps I will bake fresh muffins and set them out on a bowl, in the center of the table, with a nice linen napkin over them?

I can't wait!

Blessings
Mrs. White

When My Daughter was The Breakfast Hostess.

Encouragement - How The Old Time Mothers Survived Poverty.

My Favorite Kind - 1930's Style Homemaking.






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment