Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Surprise from my Kitchen

Lemon Meringue





The children and I will be having a little get together with Nana and Grandpa tomorrow night. We will have ginger ale and hot chocolate, cookies and brownies. It will be a lovely winter evening, here in Vermont.

Nana has asked me to make a few things. I will bake the brownies.

But there is a secret and I hope you don't tell her. (smiles) Grandpa and I love Lemon Meringue pie. Our favorite companies who make them (frozen) are Sara Lee and Mrs. Smith. But we cannot find either one around here!

So yesterday, I bought the ingredients to make it myself, for the very first time!

I will have to do my regular housekeeping chores first. I will have to start our little homeschool. I also have some errands to do. But when I am finished with my duties, I will put on some pleasant music and I will turn on the little lamp in my kitchen, and I will set a happy mood to make a very special pie for our party.

If it doesn't turn out well . . .   I'll just toss it out, and never tell Nana.  (gentle smiles) 

(Edited update - I made the pie, and it was delicious! I was surprised it only took around 30 minutes before it went in the oven. The only time I panicked, was when I was mixing the meringue. I had no idea how long it was supposed to take, but I called Nana for advice, and it worked out fine.)

Blessings
Mrs. White

My favorite cookie recipe - from our country store  -  Amy and Mommy's Bakery.

A Little Fun - 10 Thoughts on being a Housewife - Will Make a Feminist Laugh.

A Nice, Formal Breakfast at Home.






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment