Monday, January 2, 2012

Make the Mess Look Pretty

Minns House





What happens when Mother is too weak, or worn out, to clean? Lately, my main pastime is making the messes look neat.

I walk into the kitchen, see all the work I have to do, and instead of cleaning it, I tidy it up. I wipe down counters, stack dishes and just make it all look pretty.

It's not that I don't want to clean.  I enjoy my work, especially when I listen to sermons or old time gospel on my kitchen radio.  But I am so wiped out, physically, that I can barely function.

However, I think I can manage some work this morning. I should just do my marathon cleaning. I will have to give myself a full hour, rather than the standard 30 minutes. I need the extra time, to drag myself though the chores. (smiles)

I should probably include the children in this. . . Maybe I will write them chore letters? Or perhaps I will hand out chore cards?  I think the cards would be better, since letters would take more work for me.

After the hour is up, hopefully I will have cleaned the parlour, washed sheets, done laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and vacuumed. If that timer goes off, and I am not finished, I will just organize the mess, tidy it up and make it all look lovely.

Then I will happily rest for the day!

Blessings
Mrs. White


The comfort of The Light in the Window.

A Peaceful Picture from my Home - Tonight's View from the Kitchen.

The Great task of Motherhood at - The Mission House.






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment