Friday, January 6, 2012

When Mother Doesn't Want to Go Out

The Night Before




Did you ever have some errands that you were dreading? Perhaps you didn't feel well, but those tasks could not wait?

I have had the nicest time, staying home all this week. Today, I have to go out.  But all I want  to do is stay home! (gentle smiles)

So I will have to take "home" with me.  I will bring a special book, for while I am in waiting rooms. I will bring one of my sweet children with me. (I wouldn't bring one of the grumpy ones! - smiles). 

I will buy something easy for tonight's dinner, so I won't have to dread any extra work.

I will listen to Fred Astaire this morning, while tidying my house, with a cheerful (in the clouds) outlook. Maybe by the time I have to head out the door, I will be so happy, I will forget that I don't want to go?

There will have to be some kind of reward... hmmm.... I need to think of something lovely for when I get home - as a reward for doing all the dreaded errands that have me so stressed out today....

Perhaps I will look forward to tea, a cozy fire, and reading a sweet new book that I am enjoying. 

Or maybe the idea of just having the entire weekend with no demands will be my reward.

Blessings
Mrs. White

A written record of who was present - Recording the Family  Bible Study.

I dearly miss these days - Rocking Babies and Staying Home.

It's not what everyone else does for me, it's what I do to make it special - A Mother's Touch.





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment