Sunday, January 8, 2012

Designed to Comfort Us

The Light





Sometimes when I drive my teenagers on an errand, we stop at a little store at the corner of an intersection. Across the street is a large church.  We can hear a gentle sound of hymns being played from the church bells. It is lovely. The sound calms my nerves. It soothes me. It takes my mind to heavenly things, and off my daily troubles. I am grateful to them. I wonder if they know it is a blessing to those walking by?

Sometimes I leave my Bible on the kitchen table, or the hutch counter.   When I am busy doing chores, I absentmindedly notice it and touch the cover. It slows me down for a moment, and turns my thoughts off this difficult life.

The Church, The Bible, Prayers, and Religious Duties are all designed to comfort us. They are there so we can take a break from the constant, stressful demands in this life. How would we ever survive without them? Wouldn't the light and the salt be removed? How, then, can we ever consider the neglect of these essential duties?

blessings
Mrs. White

The Hidden Lesson - What Sundays Used to Mean to Housewives.

The Way it Was -  The Old Sunday Dinner.

Are you one of these? - Brave Mothers who Walk into Walls.

When I am gone - These Things Will Comfort My Children.








An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment