Monday, March 5, 2012

When Mother is Out of Shape

Door-To-Door Bakery Salesman Talking to Suburdan California Housewife


I have been overly weary for a long time. It would take me hours to do my morning housework and then I'd need an afternoon nap. This has been happening for two reasons - lack of exercise and choosing to eat unhealthy foods. The last time I was on track was during my December fitness challenge. I am also the co-creator of Fit Mommy which started a couple of years ago, and is still going on with another hostess (Annie Kate).

Even though I know how important proper eating and working-out is to all of us, I have only managed to exercise three times in the last couple of months. It has become a serious problem. This makes Mother out of shape. She cannot tend to her regular duties. She becomes chronically ill.  She is on the fast track to a grave.

My tea bag the other morning said these wise words, "Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than it does to get tired." But this all has to do with lack of activity!

The Lord chastens us in many ways to keep us on the straight path.  Sometimes we have daily struggles, constant thorns, or occasional trials. This is all for our own good. Exercise and eating right, to me, is like a thorn when I don't do it, but a joy when I do. It is just like obeying the commandments. When you do them, you are happy. When you don't, you suffer but you don't want to change.  

I think our problem, in this society, has to do with the idea of self-gratification, ease, looking for pleasure, personal happiness and having everything now. We are taught to strive to live for ourselves. This can seriously affect us in many ways, especially when it comes to a lack of fitness and proper nutrition; because most of us don't want any part of that kind of discipline.

Our ancestor Mothers worked extremely hard in their daily tasks in the home and on the farm. They earned their bread.  Generally speaking, they were far more fit than mothers of today.   They were also spiritually fit.   They had family prayers and Bible reading because it was a duty. They would never neglect it because they didn't feel like it.

This is my problem. . . Because of my lack of seeking good health, I have slacked in many other things, including reading  my Bible.  These daily duties are good for me, like the chastening and disciplining of the saints.   But, my nature of seeking ease and turning to all kinds of recreations make it so that there is no time for what is right. 

Whether I feel like it or not, I must do what is holy and good so that I stay on the right path in all areas of life.

Practically speaking, I am more motivated to do these things when I have good music. This morning I listened to Roy Acuff sing "Life's Railway To Heaven." I dearly wish I knew how to use an MP3 player so I could download sermons and old time gospel music to listen to while I do my workouts and go about the cleaning of my house.

If only, at this very moment, I was not out of shape in so many different ways. . . but today, I will make every effort to get back on the right path, in bible reading, in prayer as well as with fitness.

Blessings
Mrs. White




Taking Good Care of our Husbands - Cooking for Mister.

I have to find the energy for this! - 20 Minutes a Day - Spring Cleaning Begins Today.

How to Manage - When There isn't Much.







An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment