Thursday, March 8, 2012

Marriage - When Groceries are the Presents

Magazine Illustration of Husband Kissing Wife in Kitchen


When I do the grocery shopping, I always buy a few special items for Mr. White. Perhaps it is the ingredients for beef stew.  Or, maybe it is a brownie mix. I like to find his favorite things and make them for him at home. He greatly appreciates my efforts.

Of course, I must remember the basics, like coffee and sugar and bread. If we run out of those items, I am slacking on my job.  (gentle smiles)  But for me to buy those special items, the ones that take extra effort from me, and are bought economically. . . are what make Mr. White happy.

As for me, I am not the type of girl who likes jewelry, a new car, or expensive clothes.  Mr. White knows this.  When he wants to surprise me, or make me happy, he will buy my favorite frozen pizza (Freschetta), or some Ginger ale. . . Perhaps he will buy me a large bag of m and m's, or some mint-chocolate-chip ice cream.   And with these little presents, I am delighted.

At different times, each of us will be in the store, looking through the aisles, thinking about what the other would like.

My favorite thing, is to hear him coming home, rattling his pockets, and saying, "I bought you some m and m's!"

And he loves when I come home, put down the grocery bags, and tell him, "I bought you a special kind of burger!"

No fancy restaurant dinner. . .no wrapped presents . . . no trip to foreign lands. . . no night out on the town. . . no.... none of these things can compare to when Mr. White and I buy groceries for presents.

Blessings
Mrs. White

For Those Difficult Days - Make the Mess Look Pretty.

Our Home - Tonight's View from the Kitchen.

What Do you Do all Day? - How a Housewife Passes the Time.





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment