Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cleaning Despite a Crisis

On a Cottage Porch, the Return of the Swallows to their Nests




A crisis started here one night last week. It is still going on, but things are calmer at the moment. It has brought good, but the painful aspect of it has brought some tears. These are the kind of things that happen in all homes. The circumstances may be different, but behind the curtain of every home, there is real life - pain and sorrow, mixed with happiness and laughter.  It is amazing how one minute all can be rainbows and cheer, and the next some tragic thing is announced, or some trial darkens the doorstep.  We thank the Lord for that comforting Biblical phrase (from a sermon that my dear Uncle preached), "and it came to pass."  Trials don't stay. They pass along.

In the midst of all this, I have enjoyed the beginnings of Spring here in Vermont.  I have been deep cleaning and found an accumulation of dust from dark, cold winter days. There seems to be a settling of dirt in my house, which is quite shocking. However, I am having the most delightful time dusting. I am not even listening to old time gospel music, or classical, as I normally do.  Instead, the windows are open. I hear the rushing of the river behind our property.  I can hear a gentle wind, and the delicate chirping from distant birds. This is the symphony behind my cleaning.  It is soothing and calming.

I have no idea what will happen today. I hope there is a lot of laughter and happiness. But if difficult moments come, and bad news enters, I will still do my housework.   I will clean and cook and try to cheer everyone up. I will remain calm. I will not panic. I will have trust and faith in God, that He is in control and He is there to guide and comfort us for all time.


Blessings
Mrs. White

They don't do this for the money -  Precious Gospel Music -  An Encouraging Visit.

Very sweet, from the Writings of Elizabeth Prentiss - Something To Ponder.

My Mother-in-Law's Example - Classic Old Fashioned Housewife.







An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment