Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Parlour on Sunday Morning


[Roses and a Bible in the Parlour, at Mrs. White's House]

Early Sunday mornings are a great time of holy expectation. The house has been cleaned and ready for a special day.  There are distant echoes of church bells ringing in the village square. The family will soon be up, dressed in their best, and heading off to church services.

I miss going to church. I haven't been able to go in such a long time. But I trust the Lord to provide a way for me someday soon. We have had car trouble for a few months. We can drive locally, but my favorite church is far away. I would have to get on the interstate. Since I cannot go this Sunday, I will remember Sundays past. I will imagine what it is like walking through the doors of the sanctuary and being greeted by an usher, and handed a bulletin. I will remember sitting in a pew and looking at a hymn book. I will remember the gentle hellos from congregants and smiling faces as we all prepare for the service. I will be there in my mind and heart.

But for now, I will sit in the parlour, in my favorite chair near the window. . . and I will read my Bible in the quiet of the morning.

Blessings
Mrs. White

It has been said that American Housewives are Lazy Squaws.

The amazing task of Mother as the Coach.

Living with Financial Hardship - in Victory Homes.







An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment