Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Gift of A Computer

Laptop Computer, Cd-Rom, Cup of Tea, and Books



This past July I wrote about my computer trouble. After writing, almost daily, on this blog for more than 2 years, my computer died.  It was shocking. Mr. White and I had saved for years to buy that computer. Now it was gone.  Of course I went through a withdrawal period . .  I missed writing my visits, and doing my review work. It was hard to adjust.

But slowly, I began to accept it. I visited my local library once or twice a week and did my best to keep up the blog. I wrote when I could.  It was much harder to write on my way home from an errand, when I was used to writing early in the morning while my family was still sleeping.

Many times I had ideas for posts, but had to let them go. Instead, I focused more on home, cleaning, baking and regular life. But I missed those morning visits.

At some point, I accepted that I would not have another computer. I gave up. . .

That's when it happened. . . Someone in my area gave me their old laptop computer!   I could not believe it! I was so grateful!

I have spent the last 2 weeks learning to use it. A few days ago, Mr. White set up an area in our house, with an old desk for me.  I now have a quiet, special place for my "new" laptop.   This is a tremendous blessing!

I am ready to get back to writing on a regular basis. Thank you so much for your patience!

Blessings
Mrs. White

The importance, and preciousness, of Mother's Labors.

Encouragement for the Homemaker, Let us Not Be Weary.

Homeschooling  - Education Must Not Be Rushed.








An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment