Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Afternoon Homemaking

View to the Amalfi Coast



I closed the blinds to block some of the summer sun. The windows are open and the sheer curtains are blowing in the gentle breeze. But the heat of the day is no longer overwhelming.

I just finished washing dishes. I will make an apple coffee cake for the children. I will also make baked ziti for supper.

Some of the children are playing in the pool, while Grandpa and Matthew (18) work in the yard.  I expect Nana is on the porch watering her flowers.

I am finishing up my afternoon homemaking. I have laundry out on the clothesline.  I want to get my work finished and then relax outdoors with the children for the rest of the day.

Last night I was so discouraged, but peace came after I spent some time reading some good spiritual books. I was also encouraged as I read your comments and emails and notes. I am very grateful for all of you!

Blessings
Mrs. White

When Times Get Really Hard - Cooking While Holding a Bible.

Do you Remember? - The Old Sunday Dinner.

My Favorite - A Jane Austen Day - When Mother is Worn Out.





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment