Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Free Presents for Mother

Carrying Parcels

For my birthday this year, I devised a lovely plan that won't cost any money. I gathered my teenagers around and announced, "It's time for a family meeting. . . " I smiled. "About my birthday."

They came running.

I told them I wanted something so very much, and said they didn't need to spend a dime. 

One of them guessed, "We don't have to clean the house, do we?" 

"That's it!" I cheered!

But it will be much more fun than that.

I am putting together a lovely little package and will leave it on my kitchen table.  I will use a large shoe box and wrap it up with delicate wrapping paper. I will write on the top, "Happy Birthday Mother!"  Then I will put a slot in the top.

Beside this, will be a small basket with a great many index cards.  Each card will have the name of a specific chore, such as "dust all the baseboards."  There will also be a spot to sign the child's name, and the date the chore was completed.   This card will then go into the happy birthday box as a present for mother!  (The children will have an entire week to get these done.)

On my actual birthday, I will open the box, read all the cards and thank my loving children. I will then walk the house with great joy and see all the beautiful clean rooms.  I can't wait!

Blessings
Mrs. White

A Sweet Way to Communicate with the Family - A Mailbox in the House.

Financial Legacy - The Bills in the Whitman's Box.

No Money? - We Desperately Need These - Mothers with Christmas Courage.






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment