Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Pleasant Task of Cleaning

View from the Veranda

I often walk into a messy room and sigh. . . Yet I realize that if I don't use my creativity, the room will not look inviting.  I want my rooms to be pretty. I want my husband and children to enjoy the quiet and order of home life.

All I have to do is put away a few items. . . Then tuck in chairs. . . I straighten pillows. . .  sweep floors, and wash mirrors. Each little task is progress. Just another polish here, and a tidy there, and soon my rooms look lovely.

A messy room can be a challenge.  But more often than not, it is a beautiful way for us to enjoy the fruit of our labor. With our own efforts and skills, we can create loveliness.

Once the work is done, I sit with a cup of tea and enjoy a much deserved homemaking break.  But the greatest reward of all, is when my family walks into a room, smiles to themselves and does not say anything about it. They are content and at peace, because that is the environment I strive to keep for them.

Everything is right with the world, when Mother's home is pleasant and tidy.

Blessings
Mrs. White

When the Children Grow Up - Sitting Alone at the Kitchen Table.

The Importance of Home Economics Training.

Bring back the Formal - Breakfast at Home.






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment