Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Attempting a Garden



Every year, I dream about having a garden of my own. We have a 2 acre Estate in rural Vermont, and an old 1800's house.  This past Mother's day, Mr. White took  me to a greenhouse and let me pick out any plants I wanted. I chose broccoli, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, cantaloupe, watermelon, and green peppers.

These were brought home and placed into a small greenhouse I had bought a year ago (but never used). We set it up outside in the back, near our picnic tables. I am to use the tables as a work area.

Yesterday, I walked out into the beautiful rain, to check on my mini-garden.


 I had to wear my winter coat since it is still a bit chilly here.  But I loved being outside for such a dramatic purpose!

My garden looks good so far. 


I also planted some flowers, peas, and herbs in some of the smaller containers, to see what happens. We even had some strawberry and blueberry plants! I will have to move some of these plants into the ground soon. But I can't do that without Mr. White's help!

I hope your gardening endeavors are going well!

Blessings
Mrs. White

The Old Days - Rural Housewives.

Remembering my childhood - Manners Learned at The Finishing School.

The blessing of - Mother's Rose Colored Glasses.







An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!

Share/Bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment