Saturday, February 4, 2012

Encouraged by A. W. Tozer


I took my teenagers to youth group last night. While they were in their classes, I browsed the tables at the front entryway. I picked up some booklets and pamphlets and started to read. I found one called, "Pursuer of God - A biographical tribute to A. W. Tozer" which was published under the title of "Power for Living." I absolutely loved it and was so encouraged!

Here are some excerpts:

"[His Mother-in-law] Kate, a devout believer, took Aiden [Tozer] underwing spiritually, and through her teaching he found a love for the Lord, and an infusion of God's power took hold of him."

"The Tozer children eventually totaled six sons and a daughter. . His son, Forrest, a Chicago attorney, remembers his father as, 'very loving, an inspirational guide, somebody determined that his children would do their best.' "

"Two of Tozer's books, The Knowledge of the Holy and The Pursuit of God, are recognized as true classics."

I have a few of Tozer's books. I am going to find them from my home library and sit near the hearth today and read.  Eventually, I want to buy his biography, The Life of A.W. Tozer: In Pursuit of God.

In this changing culture, we need these kinds of writings to keep us on the path toward holiness. It is a raging battle. May we be found faithful.

blessings
Mrs. White

Almost a year ago, one Sunday Morning, I woke up very sad and wrote this - What Sundays used to Mean to Housewives.

The Hard Work of Creating - Beauty in the Home.

This is why I don't have a job - The Housewife Contract.







An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment