Monday, September 30, 2013

Little Time for Homemaking

Street Lined with Hollyhocks, St. Martin-De-Re, Ile De Re Charente-Maritime, France, Europe

I often get up at 5 or 6 in the morning. This is how I get many things done in the home. I am not talking about heavy housework, but a way to set the mood for a pleasant day at home. 

I make my parlour look inviting, and open the blinds.   I tidy up the kitchen and sweep the floors.  I make tea and, perhaps, a batch of muffins.  Then I sit and read or write for a little while.  This prepares me and my surroundings for a day of keeping house.

On those days I get up late, I am rushed about.  I am distracted and distraught.  There is stress coming from my soul, rather than a sweet, gentling affect on those around me.

There are also things in the day which can take us away from our homemaking.  There are distractions that we get lured into.  Sometimes we are like toddlers walking in a candy store for the very first time.  We start watching a new television show and then forget about the sweet simplicity of life at home.  We may get caught up in doing some research and then start doing other things instead of being busy in our motherhood and homemaking.

When there is little time for homemaking, for whatever the reason, we rob ourselves of a beautiful life at home.  Instead of a sweet, slow-paced Italian home, we end up feeling like we are in the middle of a busy city apartment.  The way we keep our home, can give a sense of peace or  one of confusion.  The way we mothers and wives set the mood at home, can affect all who reside there.

Blessings
Mrs. White

From the Archives:

What life is like - Living Without Credit Cards.

Make the Most of this beautiful time at home - Spiritual Homemaking.



For Home-keeping Inspiration, order my book - For The Love of Christian Homemaking




An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email. 






Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment