Saturday, September 7, 2013

Afternoon Walk in the Parlour

Women Play with Young Girl in Entryway of Plantation House

After an early dinner, it was time to entertain baby.   The family headed off to do pleasant things, and I got to be with baby.  I put him in the carriage and had him "follow" me around while I cleaned.  Then we had our little walk in the parlour.  I set the carriage on "recline" and baby laid down.  I started to briskly walk him through the rooms.  He immediately sat up, reached for the carriage - tray and excitedly hung on (for dear life)!    Back and forth we went through the kitchen and parlour.  Anytime I would catch a glimpse of his sweet little face, he was smiling and happy!

As I walked, I prayed for him and for the family.  We walked and walked through the rooms while old gospel music, by J. D. Sumner, played quietly from the kitchen radio.

I started to notice the tablecloth needed straightening, or a dish needed to be brought to the kitchen.  The next time I passed by, I would fix something or grab an item with one hand and bring it with us to put away. Baby loved it when I cleaned while we walked!

 It finally dawned on me that perhaps the reason I have so much trouble with my tired, swelling hands, is because I am always prettying up something while pushing and turning a carriage at the same time.  I will just rest more later on. . . Nevertheless, it is worth it to entertain baby with my cleaning and walking antics.

Blessings
Mrs. White




From the Archives:

Please Don't be one of these - Ex - Housewife

Having a Good Marriage means avoiding this - Bossy Wives.

This is why We Mothers are HomeA Humble Parlour as a School of Theology.



Order My Books:


For Home-keeping Inspiration, - For The Love of Christian Homemaking

A 90 Day Bible Study, inspired by John Wesley, -  "Early Morning Revival Challenge

To Encourage the Mother of Waywards - Mother's Faith.

The incredible life and marriage testimony of Connie Hultquist  - Dear Kitchen Saints.




An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email. 






Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment