Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Gathered Safe at Home

Lighthouse with Garden, Pemaquid Point, Maine

I came home from an errand yesterday afternoon to find one of my son's watching devastation at the Boston Marathon on CNN news.   We just sat there, in shock. 

I watched the news off and on, for the rest of the day. I checked the doors to make sure they were still locked.  I wanted to drive for hours to see my grown daughters and hug them, and just comfort them and thank God that they were okay, even though we are not in Massachusetts right now.  But I talked to them on the phone and they were okay.  I wanted everyone safe.  I wanted everyone home.    I prayed. We all prayed.

Then I had to do my housework.  I had to do the dishes and make supper.  I had to feed the family. Then I went back to the television.  As more news unfolded and more details were given, I realized that some of the victims of the bombing were being cared for in the very hospital where I gave birth to one of my children.  That was my city where this happened.   One of my grown girls, just a few weeks before, had spent several days in Boston on a visit. I told her, through my fear, not to go there anymore.

We are shaken by this.  We are stunned by the cruelty of this horrific act. 

This morning, I will watch more of the news, but I will still take care of my home and my family.  I must make every effort to make our home like a light house for my family;  a place of refuge from the world.  All I can do right now, is take my worries to the Lord, while I continue to cook and clean and read my Bible and pray.   I can do what is before me and care for those that are here.  And trust that God will take care of the rest.

Blessings
Mrs. White




For Home-keeping Inspiration, order my book - For The Love of Christian Homemaking





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment