Friday, April 26, 2013

Afternoon Knitting

Woman Knitting and Listening To the Radio

After my morning work is done, in the home, I have been happily knitting.  I have always wanted to knit a pair of fingerless gloves, but couldn't seem to figure out how.   I stumbled onto an easy pattern, perfectly explained.  I was delighted.  It took me quite some time before I actually started the project, but one pleasant afternoon, I found some yarn in my dressing room and got to work.

At times, I forget basic things, like how to cast on, or bind off.  (Frankly, I am not that bright. - smiles)  I have been grateful for a little helper that has made my knitting time very easy.  It is a pretty little book called,  The Knitting Answer Book.

It took me about a week to finish the project.  I only knitted during my afternoon homemaking breaks.  It was a special time and I enjoyed the work. 

Now that the gloves are finished, I need to find another easy project.  I am wanting to get out the ironing board and iron pretty material for sewing projects. Maybe I will make a new apron for spring.

I can keep my sewing box handy for the next few months. I will even take it out on my front porch to enjoy the warm sunshine while I hand-sew.   

Afternoons are such a peaceful time to begin winding down the day. Most of the work is past, the dinner hour will soon arrive. But that little space of time before the sun sets, is perfect for hand projects.  One can listen to the quietness of the day, the birds chirping outside, the wind blowing, or even a convicting sermon on CD!

How do you spend your afternoons at home?

Blessings
Mrs. White




For Home-keeping Inspiration, order my book - For The Love of Christian Homemaking




An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment