Monday, March 18, 2013

The Little Journal of Pleasant Events

Woman Sitting at Desk at Home, Writing a Letter

In the last several months, two of my grown daughters have had a very difficult time.  I have watched them deal with all kinds of things. Their pain has been my pain, and it has been hard.

Yet, just like precious little birds, they have flown in and out of my nest for recovery, comfort and hope.   They have spent days, weeks or even months at Mother's house and it has been a blessing to be here for them.

There were times I worried their troubles would drag them down so far that their despair would be unbearable.  I decided they needed little journals.  They needed some courage and inspiration from their own lives.  Journals would be just the thing to get them through the bad times.

In my own life, I often look back over my journal to see the many trials and triumphs in the lives of my children.  This encourages me so much and keeps me going. It helps me realize that bad times don't last.  . . Yes, we will always have bad times and yes they will often be rough, but they don't last.

Joy always comes in the "morning". . .

I bought each girl a journal and wrote an inscription.  I told them the book was only for happy events. It was to be a recording of all the blessings and good things that happened in their lives.  It was for small things and big things, as long as it was pleasant. 

One of the journals I found for my girls was leather bound and pink!  There was a quote on the cover, by Jane Austen, which says, "Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

 
 
 
Isn't this just like life? There are times of misery and times of precious joy.  When we dwell on the good, our outlook is better and our resolve is strong! 

Blessings
Mrs. White


To calm your worries - The Note in Mother's Pocket.


The Beauty of Mother's godly work - Amazing Dedication.




For Home-keeping Inspiration, order my book - For The Love of Christian Homemaking





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment