Friday, October 26, 2012

I Don't Need a To - Do List

Two Little Girls Help their Mother with the Laundry on Washday


I have come to realize that I only need a list of things to do, when I have been slacking, or out of it. I know that sounds harsh, but when I do my daily, normal routine, I don't need a list.

Why would I have to read a piece of paper to tell me to wash the dishes? Or if I notice the floor needs sweeping, will I check my list first?

Making a daily list can limit our joy and creativity in homemaking.  There are certainly times for a list (for example - during spring cleaning, or when extra things need doing).  But for daily work, a list can be a hindrance.  It interferes with the normal flow of the day.  It makes one focus more on the paper, than on what we see before us.

I want to wake up each day, and be so good at my job as a homemaker, that I know what to do without being told (by a list).  I want to wash mirrors, dust furniture, wash floors and sparkle counters because I see that it needs to be done, not because of a piece of paper.

Early yesterday morning, I had the care of my grandbaby.  He is such a treasure. I sterilized bottles, made a batch of formula, and prepared his morning bottle.  I also washed dishes and tidied up the rooms, while he played. Then I sat in my parlour chair and delighted in feeding and holding him.  After he fell asleep, I gently placed him in the crib for his nap.  I went back to creating a happy and orderly home, while frequently checking on him. 

No list in the world could have given me such joy, as taking care of the baby while doing my homemaking duties.

Blessings
Mrs. White

I am - Not Happily Married.

Such joy in Cleaning - It's Time to Make the Rooms Shine.

For Those Difficult Days - Make the Mess Look Pretty.






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment