Sunday, July 5, 2015

Blogging Without Pictures

http://thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com/2015/07/blogging-without-pictures.html
Visiting by the back fence at Mrs White's Vermont Estate

Over the years, it has been very time consuming to select and include pictures with each blog post.  I have loved that part of blogging, but am finding that I am constantly putting off writing, thinking I just can not come up with the additional energy to find the right picture to go with each post.

I realize that pictures on blogs are very important.  Personally, I am more inclined to take the time to read something if I see a pretty picture first! 

But it is time for a change.  The other day, I was out walking the property in the morning.  The sun was shining on the back fence of our Estate grounds, right near the beautiful rushing river.  It is a spot I love to visit on my daily walks.  (See photo above.) It is like a peaceful retreat.  What I would like to do is include this photograph on every blog post from now on.  This will make things so much easier for me to write more consistently.  This will be the place for our blogging visits. 

There will certainly be times when I will add another picture, or share something special from our home and family, but for the most part, you will simply see the morning light shining on the back fence at the top of each post.

I hope you don't mind this change.  I am very grateful for your patience with how slow and inconsistent I have been in my writing here the last several months. 

Thank you so much for reading.  I will write again soon!

Blessings
Mrs. White


From the Archives (where there are a variety of pretty paintings and photographs) -


A wonderful way to help children - Nobody Wants to Clean a Messy House.

For those Very difficult financial times - All of God's Children Have Shoes.

Old Time Thrift without Rice and Beans - Basic Cookery.




Mrs. White's special book for Homemakers - "Mother's Book of Home Economics."




An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email. 





Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Post a Comment