Monday, February 25, 2013

A Beautiful Home

The Queen Mother's Sitting Room, Glamis Castle, Highland Region, Scotland, United Kingdom

All I wanted to do this morning was sit in my parlour chair, with a cozy afghan, and read from Dickens.   We have heavy snow covering the trees and grounds of our Vermont property and I wanted a day of leisure.  But this will not make my home beautiful.

Before I have my pleasant time of recreation, I will do some housekeeping.  The family is still slumbering so it will be a quiet time of work.

I will sweep the floors, dust the parlour, clean the kitchen and do some laundry.   I will do a few little touches that make it feel lovely when one walks into a room.

Then, and only then, will I allow my laziness to come through as I sit in my little chair and delight in an 1800's classic, English, novel by Dickens.

Blessings
Mrs. White





For Home-keeping Inspiration, order my book - For The Love of Christian Homemaking





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment