Friday, November 11, 2011

The Comfort of Tea Time

Tea Time

My favorite memory of home is of having tea. It is comforting to serve tea to guests, to visit with family over tea, and to watch sweet little girls enjoy playing with tea sets.

When we are blessed with pretty china cups, we feel rich. There is something soothing and relaxing about sitting down to a neatly decorated table and being served hot tea in a pretty cup. It is even sweeter to drink tea while visiting and eating a few delicate cookies.

Have you ever tried Lorna Doones? I was introduced to them two decades ago, while in the hospital, after the birth of one of my children.  Late at night, a nurse brought me a few of these delicious cookies. I loved them!  To this day, eating Lorna Doones still bring me a nostalgic smile. They are a rare treat. I love to have them with my tea.

A few years ago, I was in a Cracker Barrel restaurant in New Hampshire. They served English tea with my breakfast. To me, it was just like being at home. I felt comfortable and happy.  I wonder if hot tea is a New England tradition? Because when I was a teenager, I traveled to Alabama. We went to a restaurant and when I ordered tea, they served me a tall glass of iced tea. I did not understand. (smiles) I had thought everyone in the world drank hot tea in pretty china cups.


Blessings
Mrs. White


Encouragement - What Sundays Used to Mean to Housewives.

Homeschooling - Education Must Not Be Rushed.

When we are overwhelmed  - The Homemaker's Despair.


Joining with
How Sweet the Sound






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment