Friday, November 25, 2011

Not Shopping

Woman Has Been Very Busy Shopping So Much So That Her Helper is Hidden Under a Pile of Parcels




It is Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Many people, all over the U.S. are shopping today.. . Except me. (smiles)

I am home, cleaning, and remembering what a wonderful Holiday we had yesterday.  

I don't think I have ever shopped on Black Friday. I love hearing about all the treasures others are able to find, and about how much fun they are having, but I really would rather stay home. I don't even want to shop online, or by phone.  I know, that is so un-American of me. But I'd rather not spend any money. I just don't need anything right now.

So I am busy with my decorating and homemaking tasks.  It will be a restful, happy day at home.

Later, I will hear about the shopping feats of others. I will be delighted for them.  Just like a Grandma who sits at home, resting, eagerly waiting for when the family comes back home. .  . Waiting for them to tell her about their adventures in the world.

I will have some hot, homemade beef stew waiting for them. The fire will be blazing in the wood stove. And Mama will be here, as happy and content as ever.


Blessings
Mrs. White

Vintage Advice - Cooking for Mister.

Grateful for - The Housewife Contract.

Delightful Homekeeping - A Break That is Deserved.







An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment