Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fixing Up The Estate

Cottage Home (Girl w/ Ducks)


As Mister and I sit by the parlour fire, watching the snow falling out the front window, we dream of warm spring days.  We talk about paint colors and types of humble curtains for the large windows in our home.  We are planning to fix up our Estate.

I would like our chambers to have walls of gentle, pale blue, with white lace curtains.  I want a pretty bedspread (not a modern "comforter").   The halls and staircases will get a fresh coat of paint this spring.  We want to paint all the rooms in the house. (Well, Mister will do the painting, while I stand by.  My being there is part of helping.)

There is a chance I will offer a tour of the interior of our home, here on the blog, sometime at the end of spring.  It will be just like the tour of the grounds I did last year.  Would you like to see the inside of our Vermont Estate when the painting work is complete?

Cold February days in New England, sitting by the fire, is the perfect time to dream about the coming year.   I can't wait to see the flowers coming up in the front grounds, and my strawberries growing, back by the river.  I know grandbaby will love his garden walks again with me this summer.

For now, we will enjoy the pretty snow, and stay inside this cozy house.  All is well.

Blessings
Mrs. White


From the Archives:

Grandfather is slowly recovering - Tea in the Parlour.

Have you Walked the Grounds with Me?  - A Tour of our Estate Property.

It is a Mother's Honor to create This - Cultured Society of Home.




Mrs. White's special book for Homemakers - "Mother's Book of Home Economics."




An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email. 





Share/Bookmark







No comments:

Post a Comment