Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Getting Ready for a New Baby

Madge Kennedy, Hugo Ballin, C 1930


I have this little booklet from "Coats and Clark's." It is called "Baby Book of Knitting and Crochet." It was published in 1958. The price on the cover is 29 cents.  It is full of patterns of classically simple sweaters, bonnets, and little booties!  It is adorable.

I am no expert at knitting, but am going to take on the incredible challenge of making a set of charming items.

We are expecting a new grandbaby. This one is a dear little girl and will arrive at the estate sometime early next year.  My daughter is so happy and her pregnancy is going well.  She and grandboy have been our guests for several months, while her husband is away.  They will continue to stay with us through birth and recovery. I am delighted!

I want to make a set of bonnet, mittens and booties in a dusty rose. I want to make another set in a delicate plum.  Then I want to make a little afghan in pink and white! 

I will have my knitting projects by my chair near the hearth in our cozy parlour.  I will work when visiting with the family, or watching my grandbaby as he plays in the playpen.  This will be a challenge with the trouble I have with my hands.  (They swell and hurt at times.)  I will have to give up some other hobby or activity to make time for this endeavor.  I may hand over some of the housework to one of the children!  (gentle smiles) 

I can just imagine this new little baby dressed in such sweet, charming clothing, and surrounded by things handmade with love.

Blessings
Mrs. White


From the Archives:

Peaceful time at Home - The Morning Work.

No Matter the Financial Trials, Being here is important - A Humble Parlour As a School of Theology.

The Blessing of - A Formal Dinner.





An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email. 






Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment