Friday, September 7, 2012

Woes of Housework

Inside Yard, Venice
Inside Yard, Venice



In the quiet of the morning, I bustled about to do my chores.  Everyone was still asleep. I turned on the old gospel music on the kitchen radio and tidied up the kitchen. I found all the dishes in the house and got them soaking.  I cleaned the parlour and made things look nice.

Walking through the house to inspect things, I checked the washer and dryer and found them empty. I scanned the room and was quite content. Until I noticed  the empty wicker shelves. What had happened to all my clean towels?

"Oh no!" I thought as I looked out the window.  But yes, there were all my towels hanging on the clothesline, soaking in the morning dew! I had left them there all night and all of yesterday!

I quickly brought them in, one by one, and threw them in the dryer. As I worked, one of the old clip-style clothespins got caught on my finger!  I suppose all the heavy labor of pulling towels in through the second story window was too much for me so early in the morning!  I was in enough pain to decide I could not wash the dishes. . .

Instead, I had a cup of tea and a little toast. I sat in my parlour chair and read a lovely book.  Now that I am telling you all this, I realize that typing is not causing me any pain.   I am now perfectly capable of washing those neglected dishes!

I hope your day is lovely!

blessings
Mrs. White

Calling the Weary, Older Ones back  - Childhood Home as the Nursery.

What Happens When - Mother is Late for her Shift.

Some Ideas - Getting Along in Marriage.






An Invitation - Subscribe to The Legacy of Home and have it delivered directly to your email.  I would also love to have you connect with me on Facebook and Twitter!



Share/Bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment